Terms & Conditions
Applications will not be considered complete until payment is received. All Sponsors/Exhibitors agree to abide by the terms and conditions listed below including the email marketing policy (applicable to all sponsors and those exhibitors who purchase attendee roster).
No refunds will be made after July 15, 2020. Cancellation requests received after July 15, 2020 will result in HR Florida retaining the entire Exhibit fee. A 75% refund will be made if notification is received in writing prior to July 15, 2020. For your files, our EIN# is: 31-1591245. Our W-9 is available at hrflorida.org.
Union Labor: Since Florida is a “right-to-work” state, exhibitor personnel may set up their own exhibits if so desired. Union Labor is available to assist in the erection and dismantling of exhibit booths. Exhibit labor, freight and rigging labor, electricians and plumbers can be arranged for at established rates by contacting the Shepard Exposition Services.
Exhibit Labor Jurisdiction: Union exhibit labor claims jurisdiction for the installation and dismantling of prefabricated exhibits and displays when this work is done by persons other than full-time company personnel. They may be employed by completion of labor forms provided by Shepard Exposition Services. They are not required to put your products on display, to open cartons containing your products, nor to perform testing, maintenance or repairs on your products. If, however, you hire any labor to assist you, it must be through the Official Contractor for that trade.
Freight Handling Jurisdiction: Shepard Exposition Services has the responsibility of receiving and handling all exhibit materials and empty crates. It is their responsibility to manage docks and schedule vehicles for the smooth and efficient move in and move out of the exhibition. Shepard Exposition Services will not be responsible, however, for any material they do not handle.
Gratuities: Tipping is expressly prohibited. This includes such practices as giving money, merchandise, or other special consideration for services rendered. Do not give coffee breaks other than mid-morning and mid-afternoon, when the union has a 15-minute break. Meal breaks are one hour. Any attempt to solicit a gratuity by an employee for any service should be reported to Shepard Exposition Services.
In General: Crafts personnel at all levels will be instructed to refrain from expressing any grievances or directly challenging the practices of any exhibitor. All questions originated by labor are to be expressed only to the designated conference decorator. Exhibitors are asked to refrain from voicing labor complaints directly to craft personnel. Any questions regarding contract labor should be directed to Shepard Exposition Services.
Exhibit Removal; Exhibit Space: The exhibitor assumes responsibility for any and all loss, theft and/or damage to exhibitor’s displays, equipment and other property while on Gaylord Palms Resort and Convention Center premises, and hereby waives any claim or demand it may have against Gaylord Palms Resort and Convention Center or HR Florida State Council, Inc. and their respective parent, subsidiary and other related or affiliated companies from and against any attorneys’ fees and costs, arising from or in connection with the exhibitor’s occupancy and use of the exhibition premises or any part thereof or any negligent act, error or omission of the exhibitor or its employees, subcontractors or agents.
E-Mail Marketing Policy
The HR Florida State Council Email Marketing Policy applies to all conference sponsors and to exhibitors who opt to purchase or are provided the attendee roster.
- Regarding e-mail follow-up, all communication must comply with national CAN-SPAM regulations and include an opt-out link as a courtesy to all event registrants. For more information regarding CAN-SPAM regulations, go to: http://www.spamlaws.com/state/fl.shtml.
- Pre-conference participant and vendor list e-mail marketing is limited to one (1) message per event registrant up to the event date of August 30, 2020.
- Post-conference participant and vendor list e-mail marketing is limited to three (3) messages per event registrant for DIAMOND PLUS, DIAMOND and PLATINUM sponsors and two (2) messages per event registrant for GOLD PLUS, GOLD, SILVER, BRONZE PLUS and BRONZE sponsors after the event date of September 2, 2020.
- Electronic pre/post conference participant and vendor list sharing is strictly prohibited.
- Use of the HR Florida logo included in any/all communication (electronic or otherwise) is strictly prohibited.